THE UNIQUENESS OF THE ETERNAL SONAugust 11th, 2016 | Posted by in Devotional
When one starts to read the book of Hebrews, they find something interesting. It is different from all the other epistles because it doesn’t start by announcing the earthly author’s name. Many books have been written about who wrote it. This uniqueness shows the uniqueness of the one being written about. The subject of this book is the Eternal Son of God….Jesus Christ. God the Father wanted all to know it came straight from Himself. He didn’t want any mere human to steal the glory or taint it so He does it himself. The epistle opens up with “God who at sundry times and in dives manners spake in times past unto the fathers by the prophets, hath in these last days spoken unto us by His Son..”. This is what John wrote about in his gospel in (1:18) “No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared Him.” (He hath made him visible) This is why man couldn’t write about Him. It takes God to reveal Himself. Listen to these other verses in the gospel of John.
(John 5:37) “And the Father Himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard His voice at any time, nor seen His shape.”
(John 6:46) “Not that any man hath seen the Father, save He which is of God, He hath seen the Father.” (He = Jesus)
(John 8:38) “I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father.”
(John 14:8,9) “Phillip saith unto Him Lord shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. Jesus saith unto him, have I been with you so long and yet hast thou not known me, Phillip? HE THAT HATH SEEN ME HATH SEEN THE FATHER……”
For says in Hebrews 1:1-3 that He has a final and full revelation of Himself these last days in His Son. Let us just look at what He has to say:
- He is appointed heir of all things…….the Father made all things for His Son. The Son is Lord of all.
- The Son made all things………………He is the creator of all things.
- He is brightness of His glory…………He is effulgence or out working of His glory. (that which causes admiration.)
- Express image of His person…………..He is the visible image of God’s essence. (image means, to press into wax)
- Upholds all things by His word of power..He is sustainer of all that exists.
- He by Himself purged our sins…………He is savior of sinners. (He by Himself.Alone)
- Sat down at the right hand of the majesty on high…….He rose from the dead and is in glory. First fruit of all who trust in Him.
Paul agreed with John and with God in these declarations. Please read (Colossians 1:12 to 22). Paul concluded so wonderfully in (Col 2:9,10) “For in Him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him….” (Wow) Never a man in human history accomplished so much in so little a life time. It is the greatest human achievement. It is not just because of the quantity and the quality but that it affects man for all eternity. Glory to God.
So when you see Jesus in the gospels, you see God visible in human flesh.(Yet without sin.) You see what God does. You hear what God says. You see how he reacts in every situation of life.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 Both comments and pings are currently closed.